 Robotics / 13633
Re: EToys sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 14:54:51 GMT

Are you sure it's just a normal sale? There have been loads of reports about
EToys being in serious trouble and looking for a buyer. Still, at least my
waiting to buy the 3 most expensive Star Wars kits has paid off - got them
all at half price :)

Dan

For sure eToys is in trouble financially... here is a couple of snippets
from their SEC form 8-K filing:

"As of September 30, 2000, we had an accumulated deficit of $339.9 million.
We incurred net losses of $53.4 million for the quarter ended September 30,
2000."

"WE HAVE A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF DEBT AND MAY HAVE INSUFFICIENT CASH FLOW TO
SATISFY OUR DEBT SERVICE OBLIGATIONS. IN ADDITION, THE AMOUNT OF OUR DEBT COULD
IMPEDE OUR OPERATIONS AND FLEXIBILITY."

What does all this mean to us...  well in my opinion... two things.

1) Good Lego deals to generate some much needed revenue
2) Use CREDIT CARDS to pay... I'm not sure if they take any other form of
payment but if they go under and haven't shipped your order then you can
recoup your losses through the CC company.

Anyways just thought it might be interesting.
- Jeff