 Robotics / 13602
Re: Studios camera working with Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 15:18:13 GMT

At 18:17 27-12-2000 GMT, Eric Lind wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, "Marco C." <marco@soporcel.pt> writes:
At 16:36 27-12-2000 GMT, Eric Lind wrote:
similar, but there doesn't appear to be any sort of connection point in the
Studios camera for hooking into the RCX.  Plus, it's tied to the computer
via the 18-20' cord.  That sort of limits the range a bit.
Mindstorms Vision Command it's to be connected to the computer through USB,
not to the RCX.
I think (not sure!) that both camera's are the same *hardware*.
The only diference between both products might be in the software (and
number/type of LEGO pieces included)
Ah, ok, that clears that up a bit.  Is there any reason I should buy the
Vision Command set for the software (and extra parts), since I already have
Studios?  Can I get away with NQC or one of the other "real" development
environments?

hmmm... dunno if TLG sell's the #9731 Vision Command *software* as an
update option for Studios owners. You'd be better ask them directly.

I might want to try and get details on the software included in #9736
Exploration Mars too.

Marco C. aka McViper
Work mailto:mcviper@geocities.com
Home mailto:mcviper@clix.pt