 Robotics / 13594
Re: RCX games.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:09:26 GMT

Rebel Transcanner wrote:

"Steve Baker" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3A499A89.709082F5@airmail.net...

  SelectDisplay ( DISPLAY_USER ) ;
  SetUserDisplay ( score, 0 ) ;

Hey hey hey... is that what I thikn it is?

Showing a variable on the display?!

Yes.  Only available in RCX 2.0's firmware (which you can
download from the Lego web site and run on 1.0 or 1.5 RCX sets) -
and you need a pretty recent version of NQC that supports that
new firmware.

It's kinda weird though.  You don't say "Put this number on
the screen right now" - you say "Continually display the value
of this variable on the screen until I tell you to stop".

That can cause some strange effects as variables can have
peculiar values mid-way through a calculation.

There are also some restrictions on the kinds of variables
you can use - but basically, a global integer works OK.

Still, for this game it was perfect.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>