 Robotics / 13553
Re: Java and Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:43:29 GMT

You can try leJOS at http://lejos.sourceforge.net. It
only needs a free C compiler and the Java development
environment. If you get the Windows version, you do
not need the C compiler. I have written a interface
for leJOS commands that is available at
http://www.geocities.com/gombos_2000/. It provides an
easy way to use the functions of leJOS.

Andy

--- Richard Clemens <clemens@wvwc.edu> wrote:
I have found a few starts at interfaces to
Mindstorms with Java but they seem overly complex.
There is a package for Smalltalk that used the
sprite.ocx call Bot-Kit that seems much more direct
and straight forward.  I wonder if there is an
equivalent for Java or would it be easy to mimic
Bot-Kit?

--
Richard Clemens
clemens@wvwc.edu