 Robotics / 13525
Re: Tilt Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 04:53:31 GMT

"Hardison, Leif" wrote:

I'm curious what type of tilt sensors have been created so far...  Hoping to
save myself time by using or adapting an existing idea.

I had some success with a pendulum blocking a light sensor - and also with
a pendulum swinging from an axle with a 40t gear meshing onto an 8t gear
on a rotation sensor.

(I was trying to build a 2 wheeled vehicle like a bicycle and needed the
pendulum to balance it - both designs of pendulum worked well - but the
bike didn't  :-(

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>