 Robotics / 13397
13396  |  13398
Subject:
New Contest at BrickBots.Com - Large Lego Robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 17:07:12 GMT

Hi,

I am pleased to announce a new contest starting today to build the best
stair climber.  This one looks to be difficult so it will run for three weeks.

Short Description:
Build a robot that will go up 5 steps in the shortest amount of time. Any
combination of parts/Pbricks/sensors are allowable, but a large bonus will
be given for using ONLY RIS 1.0/1.5 pieces.

Link to Contest Information:
http://brickbots.com/currentview.asp?cid=16
Link to Official Rules:
http://brickbots.com/rules.asp?cid=16

---

I am not sure if this can be done with only RIS 1.0, 1.5 pieces, but I would
love to see someone get the 40% time bonus for doing it.  Since steps are
pretty sizable (about 7" high by 11" deep) I imaging a larger robot than
anything I have yet built.

I am not sure if anyone followed the thread in the .mecha group ( starts
here http://news.lugnet.com/build/mecha/?n=1837 ) but this guy has built
some enormous articulated lego structures.  I think some of the joint ideas
can be adapted to a large bipedal robot for stair climbing.  Does anyone
else know of some 'grand scale' designs I can pour over?

Thanks,

Rich