 Robotics / 13301
13300  |  13302
Subject:
Real Basic or applescript tools.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 07:15:58 GMT

Hello,

I have a project were I  want to send messages to my RCXs'  I would
like to use applescript or real basic as I want to be able to have
the RCX to be controllable from other non Lego related apps. I did
some digging and there is an Applescript osax to talk to the serial
port but it has limits to the data types it can understand. Ascii
mostly. I tried using it to send opcodes in various forms. There
still may be hope in casting data types with binary but it is a long
shot for me.

Real basic might work but from what I have found they handle the
serial port in a similar way. There may be hope though as I found a
short thread about a real basic plug-in for talking to an RCX being
tested about a year ago, but none of the email I send to the people
on the list gets through. And I cant find any site that has this
plug-in.

So I am hoping  someone out there might be of help. Have you any
ideas? I think my last resort will be to use some of the various bits
of source code out there and see if I can make my own Applescript
osax or Real basic plug-in. And if I ever get it all to work I will
be posting complete directions for building my projects.

TIA

Shawn