 Robotics / 13289
Re: Lego Mindstorms Europe Demo Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Nov 2000 19:10:02 GMT

Hi all,

I suspect the custom pieces that make their way into sets began life as a
modification of an existing part.  After all, I doubt they wanted to make
a custom mold until they were certain it did what they wanted it to.

no problem with that. BUT ! We took part at the Lego VisionCommand 2000
Competition in Germany. We build an synchrodrive without lego turntables.
The Lego chief engineer (don't remember the name, Steven ?????) toke a look at
it an was disapointed that we modified some parts
(http://www.informatik.fh-hamburg.de/~lego). We must been told that :"You
didn't need to modify this pieces if you had build it the RIGHT WAY !"

Sorry but i'm not lucky with beeing told such things and then see that they
can't do better (they are earning money with this, aren't they ?)

Modify ! Rainer