 Robotics / 13162
    Clarification of access control —Bill Weiss
   I'm curently reading Extreme Mindstorms. In listing 4.2 (see below) the seek task acquires the user defined resource and then enters an inner infinite loop looking for a target. It appears to me that if the seek task losing ownership of the user (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Clarification of access control —Dave Baum
   If a task loses its resources (due to an equal or higher priority task acquiring them), then control leaves the body of the acquire statement. If there is a "catch" block following the acquire, then the catch block is executed, otherwise control (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Clarification of access control —Dave Baum
   (...) I forgot to show that resources get released, the functionality is more like this: try { grabResource(X); ...body... releaseResource(X); } catch (ResourceLostException e) { } Dave (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.robotics)