 Robotics / 13071
Re: LEGO Mindstorms Book
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 13:53:25 GMT

"Tim Hatch" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:003301c04788$a5b4fc80$c3d97881@nt87636...
Does this book also cover sensor expanders/multiplexers?

Sorry there are no expanders/multiplexes.

The sensors part of Extreme Mindstorms book is designed to take a person
with limited electronics experience from hooking alligator clips to the
bottom of a 9V motor wire to building a sound sensor.  It does this with 64
pages of step-by-step instructions and illustrations.  Here is a list of the
projects: Passive; coin detector, stick-in-ring switch, simple temperature,
accurate temperature, humidity, angle, photocell, galvanic skin response,
+/-5V input, battery tester, tachometer and other ideas,  Powered;
optointerrupter, buffer, differential light and sound.

I know a lot of you in this group have indirectly contributed to the
information in this book.  The shear joy of sharing the discoveries we made
was enough payment for the work.  My intent in collaborating on this book
was not to make money, but to help the people (about 1/week) that write me
with questions about how to build the sensors on my web page.  I can tell
that many of them simply don't know where to start.  I just don't have the
time to create detailed instructions like this for free.

Michael Gasperi