 Robotics / 13005
Re: Inventory for DDK?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 04:12:35 GMT

I agree, you can use Scout with touch sensor, then light sensor, although there
is no any official information about this, I tried, light sensor can be used in
Scout.

Zhengrong

Steve Baker wrote:

Jeffrey Hazen wrote:

I've never been compulsive enough (no offence anyone!) to inventory, but at
657 pieces it's 7.6 cents a piece, which in my book is a OK / good deal.
Lot's of white.....I'm not sure I'd buy it just for parts, but if you had
a RCX or a Scout and wanted to play VLL with a MicroScout, it's a great
deal.

On the other hand, I've seen the RDS at Best Buy (and others) for $80.00.
For the extra 30 bucks, you'd get a Scout.  Lot's of blue.....Decisions,
decisions......

RDS is priced at $68 in my local 'Frys' computer outlet. (On i20 just south
of Arlington Texas).  Now that the Scout is programmable, I decided to get
two RDS sets - and I'm tempted to get more. Techniques to give instructions
to multiple Scouts from a single RCX - and to collect sensor data back from
them are of interest to me right now since this deal makes it feasible to
use the Scouts as motor/sensor expansion units for an RCX which could be
the brains behind the operation.

--
Steve Baker   HomeEmail: <sjbaker1@airmail.net>
              WorkEmail: <sjbaker@link.com>