 Robotics / 12937
  Pawl and rachet?

Hello everybody again -- thank you all for the respones, sorry I haven't gotten back to some of you who emailed me privately, I've been swamped with work. I had some great lego sets recommended to me and I'm trying to find out where I can acquire (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pawl and rachet?

Hello, I designed just such a drive, using worm gears instead of ratchets. It does, unfortunately, take a tiny amout of time to shift between moving forward and spinning in place. Perhaps it will meet your needs anyway. The relevant images are steps (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pawl and rachet? -- slick!

Wow, this is very cool, I like the sliding-worngear principle, a neat hack -- and it's x2 more simplier than my design. :) Thanks for the help! (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics)