 Robotics / 12920
Re: Floating Point Arithmetic (Re: NQC with C++ header file)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 20:37:18 GMT

Luis Villa wrote:

Jose-
That's great! Remind me to mention that when I release the newest version • of
the Linux + Lego HOWTO, if you don't see it there.
Luis

I will, thanks. While we are on the subject, any plans
for a leJOS HOWTO? (I'm only half kidding :-).

--Jose

In lugnet.robotics, "Jose Solorzano" <j.h.solorzano@worldnet.att.net> • writes:
Speaking of FP, leJOS supports floating point
arithmetic, and it now has a java.lang.Math class
with pow, sqrt, sin, cos, tan and atan. Brian Bagnall
is working on atan2, asin, acos, etc. It's getting
more and more complete. We're currently releasing
a new version every one or two weeks.

As for fixed point, we might put a library similar to
KVM's in TinyVM (leJOS' little sister).

Regards,
--Jose

P.S. leJOS is at http://lejos.sourceforge.net