 Robotics / 12896
Re: MacNQC 2.2a3 compatibility with NQC2.2r2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:59:17 GMT

In article <G2vCq9.Lvu@lugnet.com>, "Camus Lai" <camuslai@hotmail.com>
wrote:

I am now using MacNQC 2.2a3. It seems it cannot understand some new
syntax
than can be used in NQC 2.2r2. (Such as EVENT()...) Can anyone teach me
what
should I do?

Camus Lai

Do you mean Event()?  I think it is defined in MacNQC 2.2a3, but there's
a nasty bug in it that was only recently fixed at NQC 2.2r2.  Its
possible to define your own version of Event() (named something
different of course) if you need to use it, but most people who I've
seen use Event() are only using it because they don't understand the RCX
2 event model.  In many cases, the RCX will generate the events for you
so you don't need to call Event().

Is it some other call that isn't working?  Make sure you do not have the
"1.0 compatibility" option checked in the MacNQC preferences...that will
give you real old syntax and API for NQC.

If there are some other specific problems, let me know.  It should be
possible to workaround any of the recent API fixes.

If its just a 2.2a3 vs 2.2r2 compiler issue, you may have to wait for an
updated MacNQC.  I've given up MacNQC maintenance...a number of other
people have taken it over, but there isn't any new release that I know
of yet.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com