 Robotics / 12859
Re: External power source connector
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2000 21:36:39 GMT

Simon Bogaert wrote:

Hello all,

Do you think it would be feasibleto build in a jack to be able to feed the
RCX from an external power source?  I just broke off one of those clips used
to make contact between the Lego electric plating and the RCX PCB, so I'll
have to solder anyway.

Simon

Cancel your odd messages...

Yes, you can.

What I've done for the Scout is to use a relay and a 9volt connector.

If the external power is on the relay is on and the Scout/RCX gets it's power
from the external power.
If the external power is off it gets it's power from the 9 volt battery. Works
well. Just don't unplug it while it's on. Sometimes it doesn't make it in time
and you lose your program.

If you need detailed instructions let me know.

Regarding your Electric plating. You snapped off one of the sensor or output
pads? Is that what your saying?

Nasty.

Dean
--