 Robotics / 12835
RE: Is Scout powerful?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 20:58:38 GMT

I agree the droid kits are a bit too much (and I was never a huge Star Wars
fan).  But they're discounted now to $49.00, and there are 656 other
parts.....that's 7.5 cents a part, well below my pain threshold.  I got me
two ;>)

Jeff

Jeffrey Hazen
North Mill Technology
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: Duq [SMTP:Duq@nlgateway.net]
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2000 4:23 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Is Scout powerful?

"Jeffrey Hazen" <jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net> wrote in message
news:01C039AF.73F65F40@northmill1...
With
one regular motor and a touch sensor on the Scout driving the fiber optic
unit, you can independently control up to 8 ( ! ) MicroScouts.  I don't
have an application for this, but I still think it's cool. ;>)

I could think of some applications for that, but I'd have to win a lottery
before I could afford 8 Microscouts!!
About Microscouts: when I first saw the Droid kit I thought it would be a
must have, but after seeing the specs I thought the price was a bit
hefty...

Duq