 Robotics / 1269
Re: Delphi developers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 1998 02:45:01 GMT

John:

I haven't heard about Delphi, but some have
created other ways to program the RCX.

See my Mindstorms page and look under
the Alternate Programming Environments section.

The page is located at
http://www.vii.com/~nelsonb/mindstorms.htm

-Bert Nelson
nelsonb@vii.com

John Cooper wrote:

Is there anyone developing for the RCX using Delphi and the
Spirit OCX?

Having had Mindstorms since Saturday I am frustrated by the RIS.
The blocks are nice, but there isn't enough functionality. Even
keeping things more than simple for my 9 year old we are finding
the ability to keep state a problem. There just aren't enough
blocks: Add to counter and Reset counter, but no Subtract or Add
arbitrary number.

Will LEGO be releasing an addon pack containing more programming
blocks?
--
John Cooper, JPSC Ltd, UK