 Robotics / 12390
Re: Lego Bulk-- a solution
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:40:53 GMT

I have been reading this thread with great interest and I think I have
come up with a possibel solution to some of the problem.  What if we held
swaps or had a board for trading?  I know I have pieces that I dont want
such as the bug wings and the dragon wings but I would like more long
flat pieces....  If someone gets the pnuematic kit and decides they arent
going to use the little pieces maybe they could trade with someone who
wants them and doesnt want the big pieces.

Get my drift?

Good idea in principle but I see some difficulties with this:

a) I bet there are tons of parts that everybody wants more of. If not
needed for the current project, they´ll sure come in handy at some point...
;) The surplus parts will in a great likelihood be more or less the same
for most of us.

b) We´d need some web-based forum for the trade with a offered/wanted
section that someone would have to set up.

c) It´s only worth to trade in bigger quantities because of shipping costs.
People that can share personally probably do that already... ;)

Problem is, how do you find out if a) can be solved without setting up b)
first or flooding this list with mail... Hmmm... maybe a lego-trade lists
could be set up and the web interface could be used to search it...

Just my thoughts on this matter

Andreas