 Robotics / 12381
Re: I am an Idiot (was Pneumatics Are Back!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:05:16 GMT

What I found interesting in the new S@H catalog is the price difference
between the (now older) Droid Developer Kit ( US$ 59.99 @ 652 pieces) and
the newer Darkside Developer Kit ( US$ 99.99 @ 578 pieces).  Same micro
scout, different color, fewer pieces, more money.  Go figure.

What about the new Silver Champion (#8458) with 1,412 pieces at $169.99
compared to the Super Street Sensation (#8448) with 1,408 parts at $129.99?
It cost them $40 for four extra elements..?

I'm a twenty-five year old LEGO fan. I've spent several thousand dollars on
LEGO since they announced Mindstorms. As they spend more time making video
games and engineering bigger, more useless parts, I'm losing interest. I,
too, want bulk parts available - individually! There was a time when the
overhead for this sort of thing would have been prohibitive, but with their
prices and the advance of technology, I really think they could swing it if
they only wanted to. I've given them a lot of my money, but it's nearing an
end if they don't stop screwing things up.

Issac.