 Robotics / 12369
Re: Lego bulk (was :I am an Idiot (was Pneumatics Are Back!) )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 23:33:37 GMT

>The problem is that they 'salt' the kits with parts that you'll ever only
>need one or two of. Take the Hand Air pump. How many of them are you going
>to need?

My point exactly!

But when I suggested that an organization like lugnet take on the
responsibility
to act is intermediary, I wasn't envisioning a passive "buy and sell" mode of
operation. What I meant was, that as experienced users, lugnet could negotiate
purchases of maybe thousands of "key" pieces directly with tlg, the sorts
we all run
out of first while there are still bzillions of the other parts left. Like
40 tooth gears!
Never seem to have enough of them, but I have over 150 8 tooth ones last
time I
checked!

So put your wish lists together. If there was an individual piece price
list, but you
had to spend $50, what would you buy?

JB