 Robotics / 12351
    How good is 'toy grade' Lego? —Jerry Kalpin
   I am about to buy some bulk packages of black bricks. But for less money I could go to Toys-R-Us or elsewhere and get a bucket of *all kinds* of bricks. So my question is: Are those in the 'bucket' as good a quality, or will my robots fall apart due (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: How good is 'toy grade' Lego? —Matthew Miller
     (...) They're all the same great quality as long as you stick to real Lego. (This isn't just prejudice against the clone brands -- they really don't measure up.) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: How good is 'toy grade' Lego? —Andreas Mattern
     (...) We´re using Lego Basics sets here in the lab (as moulds for ceramic slip casting in case anyone is interested... ;) ), the cheapest way to get parts here that I know and we get about 1 or 2 10ths of a milimeter variaton in lengths of our (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: How good is 'toy grade' Lego? —Dean Husby
   (...) If I remember correctly the big blue tubs do not have the same quantity of black as with other colours. I think black and green share what each of the other colours have... The Bulk on S@H isn't very bulk... It would cost a fortune to buy from (...) (24 years ago, 8-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)