 Robotics / 12300
  Re: Info request

Take a look at the original reverse engineering of the RCX at (URL) best site for the internals of the RCX with pictures.... Ram PS: You could probably just use wireless serial radio modems for this! It works as follows: PC--->serial (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Info request

Ok, enough's enough! I'm going to take a crack at the IR - RF link thing for the RCX. I'm not promising it's going to be pretty (or cheap) though! But I'll try. First of all, a question - Does anybody know if the schematics for the RCX and more (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Info request

(...) Thanks! You're doing a great job for the entire Lego(Mindstorms) community, providing us with almost all the electronic schematics we could possibly wish for! Don't stop constructing and don't loose courage when fighting RCX hardware... Simon (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Info request

(...) Well, as I imagined the device, it just translates the IR into RF and back. This way you can't only use it between tower and RCX but also in comms between two RCX'es, which is exactly what I want to do. I don't have any experience in (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Info request

Chris Rogers (ROBOLAB) and his graduate students built this exact thing. You might want to contact them. crogers@tufts.edu -Ben (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.robotics)