 Robotics / 12289
Re: External supply for RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 13:03:59 GMT

It's the 'older' RCX. The connector actually requires AC voltage at (I recall)
12V - I forget the
amperage. (I've been using an old Panasonic answering machine psu that's 13v @
500mA for 10months now with no
problems.)

-Simon

"Jan Nouza" <jan.nouza@vslib.cz> on 09/01/2000 03:39:02 AM

To:      lego-robotics@crynwr.com

cc:      (bcc: Simon Jensen-Fellows/AM/Avid)

Subject: External supply for RCX

Hi,

recently I purchased a LEGO Dacta Robotics set containing a RCX. To my
surprise, the RCX was different from that I purchased with RIS 1.5 a month ago.
The 'new' one has a socket for an external voltage supply (as I can guess from
the '9-12 V' caption placed near to it).

Can anybody tell me which of the two RCXs types is the most recently produced
one?
And a more important question: What is the orientation (where is + and -) of
the socket?
Anyway, I think the external supply option is a good thing that may help during
testing and debugging sessions.

Thanks for answering.

Jan