 Robotics / 1225
RE: Keeping the piece(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1998 18:43:33 GMT

Personally, I've gone a little nuts. I spend 80% of my 'lego time' sorting
pieces.

Bought two large tackleboxes. One's motors, sensors, rods, connectors and
funky pieces. The other's for the small pieces, like 2x1 blocks & flat
lengths.

I use three RIS boxes to sort the larger blocks. All the tires & hubs go
into a large bin. Any random pieces end up in the corners and under the
couch (thanks to three helpful cats). It's an absolute mess.

My exterminator came into my house and looked worriedly at the stacks of
sorted legos. 'I hope to God you have a kid and these aren't for you'. So,
now we get to pretend we have children to save myself a teeny bit of pride,
until I can make a bot that successfully kills bugs.

Pathetically addicted,
Tom Pierce

-----Original Message-----
From: Hossepian, Nishan [SMTP:Nishan.Hossepian@usa.xerox.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 1998 1:42 pm
To: 'lego-robotics@crynwr.com'
Subject: Keeping the piece(s)

Hi, I'm relatively new to this group. I've been lurking for the past month
or so. I was wondering what you all use to keep all your pieces together.
have two RIS kits and expansion packs, and the boxes they come in seem to
be
an awful waste of space and not handily transportable. I was thinking of
buying a large tackle box to keep everything in. I saw the technic
"suitcase" on the S@H <mailto:S@H>  online catalog, but it's unclear by
looking at the pic whether or not it could accommodate all the pieces I
have
(plus I need room to grow on).

Thanks,
Nishan