 Robotics / 12221
Re: Image recogination....for robots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 12:02:50 GMT

Having worked (many years ago) on image recognition in the medical
environment you are not heading off onto an easy course! I worked in a black
and white environment (which is easier) and you are dealing with changes in
greyscales. Having identified a starting point of an edge (which we did
manually) it is a matter of identifying the changes in gradients in the 9
pixels around the one you are looking at, having identified that move onto
the next one. The tecnology we were dealing with is of 20 years vintage now
and invariably it did not complete the task. So we then developed spline
fitting (curve) routines to fill in the gaps.

This was all done in Fortran V and Joeyce Loebel Image Processing Language -
what were we measuring? The effects of various treatments on the shape of
Human Sperm, in a period of two years I had the delight of measuring over
2million of them

Regards

Neil Washbrook

Patel <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
HI there
Ive got a cam linked to the pc i am using it with the lego linkled to the pc
with wires. and can guide it by looking at the screen .now i want to give it
image recogination

does any one know how to recoginise images?? or just edges?? for starting?
actually right now what i do is i can make it go around and i guide it with
nqc 's joystick control, in an small window in the computer is the live
image of what the lego sees.

the problem here is that i control the enviroment for the robot.
and i want to make it be autonomus and let it recoginise its own enviroment.

so how to link it to the computer so that it can recoginise colors, or edges
etc???

then if this is possiable
then
you can let it recognice objects, colors, images , and will help in
navigation.
Dr Patel

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED: