 Robotics / 12216
Re: cybermaster
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 23:13:57 GMT

try a cellular automata approach.  You can do very fast edge detection etc.
using these algorithms

"Andy Gombos" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
You could write a routine that instead of caputing 1 pixel, captures that
pixel, and the other 8 around it at once. Then you can see if the value of
the pixels change
from one to the other signifigantly.

011
011
011

In this simple example, you would be able to detect that the 1's (white)
stopped, and then knew that the paper stopped on that line for at least 3
pixels.

Andy