 Robotics / 12124
12123  |  12125
Subject:
Reciprocating Motion Device
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 02:32:12 GMT

You wrote:

Things like:  I wanted to make a reciprocating vertical motion from a motor
output - but I'm finding it very hard to make such a thing from the parts I
have without it being *HUGE* - or very fragile.  I guess this problem has
been solved a dozen times over - and some of your guys
can probably think
of several good tricks for doing that.

So you need reciprocating vertical motion?  I think I may have what you need.  I thought I might need that kind of thing for a hexapod I was building at the time, and came up with a really compact and strong device that does what you request.  However, I never used it in the model and it just kind of sat there.

I’ve attached an LDraw .dat file of it.  It was designed to work horizontally, but turning it vertically seems to work fine.  Hope this helps….

-Brandon Heller
fellow lugnetter

P.S. The hexapod that it was going to be used for?  It’s 12 x 13 inches now, fully suspended, 800+ pieces, and totally modular.  I’ll release it to the Lugnet community soon, with a web page I’m working on.  The reciprocating motion machine will be in an “ideas” section with other devices/techniques similar to what you are requesting.

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="linear motion gen.dat"