 Robotics / 12062
12061  |  12063
Subject:
Robots and the future of the human race
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 03:17:28 GMT

I saw this thing on TLC a minute ago about the future of the human race and
how people will colonize planets. One way is to download human minds to a
robot or microchip. I wonder if the transmitter is going to have "Lego"
stamped on it, that sends an infered signal to a grey and yellow box with
buttons and a LCD screen on it;-)

No, seriously. I thought this might be a good idea for those of you that know
NQC. You might be able to develop a program that learns and stores information.

And for you all in space, there was a thing on there about how people maybe
genetically enegineered to have four arms so they could do more work on long
space flights. Those people would have pre-engineered embryos adapted to live
on a hostile invironment (ex: the water they drank contained oxygen). On hot
and dry planets people would have dry scally skin.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there!

Chef

P.S. TLC's website is on http://www.discovery.com. Go there, and click on TLC.
I think the show was Extreme Machines, but I tuned in late.