 Robotics / 12011
RE: An interesting diversion - speech!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 17:47:04 GMT

Mario Ferrari wrote:

"John Barnes" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
I spent this weekend interfacing the Sensory Voice Direct 364
speech recognition device to the RCX as a sensor.

Just one word: GREAT!

[big snip of many technical details]

email me if you'd like more details.

I'll do. And please continue to surprise us with your incredible devices.

Ummm, yes. This sounds like so much fun! I wonder where John gets the
time to do all of this REALLY cool stuff!

Oh, and by the way, Mario's site has that funky new wind-powered
robot, proving once and for all that if you want interesting (read
wierd and wonderful) industrial designs, then the Italians and French
are truly the masters.

I'm speaking of course about things like the beatiful Beneateau and
Jeanneu yachts, Olivetti typewrites, Maserati-Citroen cars and cathedrals.

Spending a couple of months living in Rome about 12 years ago gave me a
rare insight into why Italians are so good at this kind of thing, it
is because they are romantics at heart and are normally surrounded byu
beautiful things.

I know email can be misinterpreted, so I want to make clear that this
note is a compliment to Mario and itLug and the hard work they have put
into promoting and encouraging Mindstorms in Europe.

Way to go!!!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>