 Robotics / 11887
11886  |  11888
Subject:
ANY WANY TO COMMUNICATE TRU AN FRO BY VB5??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 05:05:46 GMT

HI There
Is there a way to make lego interact with the computer?? like for example if i
press the touch sensor and at the same moment it should show in my desktop if
the sensor is pressed or depressed ??
same with light sensors if there is an obstacle immediatly by the infra red port
it will comunucate with the computer and show that the sensor is intrupted..

the uses of the above..
1) With such applications we can make home automation easy and can design a
picture of the full house and place it in the desk top as a picture( we can
futer modify the visual apperance to 3d) then if i put a touch sensor to the
door and someone opens the rcx will send the signal to the computer via the
infra red port and on my screen the door will open with a visual and audio so i
know that some one has opened the door..
    2) you can controll the other way round also . by clicking the screen say on
a light then the hot spot on the picture will trigger the rcx and switch on the
light.

these are very simple but i want to use visual basic so design is easy do you
know a way of the above two application???

Hoping for a reply soon
from
macx.

--