 Robotics / 11791
Re: Solenoids from fax machines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:16:55 GMT

Just open it up and take a look around. Probably not all fax machines
have solenoids, and probably the ones that do don't have them in the
same place. Part of the fun is taking the thing apart and seeing how it
works.

Good luck!

Jonathan

Nicholas McNeely wrote:

On page 227 of Jonathan Knudsen's book, he says that solenoids may be
harvested from fax machines.  Yesterday at an auction, I bought a group of
items and ended up with an old fax machine.  It was made by Sharp and has the
model number FO-3400.  Does anyone know where I should look to find the
solenoid in this machine?  Any help is appreciated.

Nicholas