 Robotics / 1173
Re: mindstorms hunt - waste no time in Montreal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Dec 1998 20:55:24 GMT

stephen p spackman wrote in message
....And in Montreal they told me that no Eatons in Mtl has LEGO and no
Eatons will have LEGO ever again, they have closed the toy
departments....

It is true, that Eaton's is phasing, or phased out there toys, but check the
local stores, because some haven't finished it yet, and some (like Victoria)
brought Mindstorms in there store for Christmas. Victoria brought in a total
of 8.  Some other Eaton's do to carry them, because I have had three emails
saying they were successful.  And at least one person from the Sates...

I went to Eaton's in St. Cathrines today and it went GREAT! List price
was $299.99  the % off was 25% making it $225.00 Canadian, Then I got
50% off on the american exchange making the final price about $130.00. I
got $12.30 back on the GST at the border, so the tax brought the
absolute final price to about $145.00!!!   THANK YOU for the Info!!!
:-)

LINC

I wish I could move this thread to Lugnet.offtopic.fun or
Lugnet.buy/sell/trade, but I think a majority of people aren't reading
robotics through the news server but are on the robotics mail list.  I
apologize to those who aren't interested... the sale is almost over, so will
be the thread. :)