 Robotics / 11645
Re: DACTA PARTS QUESTIONS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:09:40 GMT

I just got a dacta catalouge, I have quick questions:

1. What is the 9917 DPC Sensor?

That's not a sensor, but an adapter. It allows you to connect DPC sensors to
the RCX. Here's a description from http://www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com :
---
This adapter allows you to connect DCP's range of sensors directly to the RCX.
Using the ROBOLAB Investigator software, you can now include a broader range of
sensors into your robotics and science activities. Remember, each RCX can only
have three sensors connected at one time.
---

2. What is the difference between the "standard" touch sensor & the 9888

The 9888 is an older touch sensor, with the wire attached to it. It has been
replaced by the newer touch sensor 9757 with the detachable wire. AFAIK, 9888
isn't available in the US anymore.

Each of these may be seen at:
http://www154.pair.com/eh105jb/tmp/DACTA2.jpg