 Robotics / 11635
    gyroscoping... —pmunce
   i am trying to spin a toy gyroscope fast enough to be of practical use but just can't. has anyone done any work with this sort of thing to include applications of a working gyroscope that they can relate to the list. perhaps there is a more powerful (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        SV: gyroscoping... —Kasper Jeppesen
     (...) How about using a model-helicopter gyroscope? those can be bought pretty cheaply, and offer very usable performance! Kasper (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: gyroscoping... —Magnus Niemann
     (...) Yes, I ordered a motor form our german LEGO Consumer Service and today it is here. In the german 2000 catalogue there are lots of service packs including gears, bricks with holes (don't know what you call them in English) and the like. Just (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: gyroscoping... —Andy Gombos
   What do you want it to do? I think that since all(most?) heli gyros are rate gyros, which are different from other gryos somehow. Andy (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)