 Robotics / 11628
Re: the word on RIS2.0...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 02:42:10 GMT

In article <200006021255.FAA21121@goose.prod.itd.earthlink.net>, pmunce
<pmunce@earthlink.net> wrote:

btw, should we all assume that everyone has read Dave Baum's book titled
Dave Baum's Definitive Guide To Lego Mindstorms? This is truly one of the
most informative, well produced, well organized books i have ever read.

Thanks for the great compliment.  I'l glad you enjoyed the book.

i look forward to the day when color lithography is not so expensive.
however, that day spells pay-cut for me. none the less, i would love to
see the computer renderings in this book in full color.

They may not be as impressive as you think.  It turns out that something
like 95% of the pieces used in the models are black, white, or grey.
The RCX itself is the only thing that consistently adds color, aside
from an occasional blue rubber band, the brownish color of the 3/4 pegs,
and a rare yellow or green brick/beam/etc.

The publisher wanted to post one set of renderings online
(http://www.apress.com/mindstorms/steerbot/default.htm).  I setup the
web page and they thought I used greyscale by accident for some of the
images!

Even so, color would've been nice.  There just wasn't any way to cost
justify it for the book.

Dave

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com