 Robotics / 11518
Re: Spirograph Formulas??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 23:50:52 GMT

I had better luck using felt tip markers and butcher paper that was
masking taped to the floor.  You dont need to apply near as much preasure
as you do with chalk.

brett wagner | brett@madhouse.org
get committed! | http://www.madhouse.org

On Thu, 18 May 2000, Dan Novy wrote:

    Funny, I went to google right after I posted and found those same
sites.  Cool, aren't they?  No pics of the result of the robo-graph, but
soon.  I have to redesign the chalk holder assembly first.  Did you ever
notice that the minute you add a non standard (i.e. real world) piece,
the engineering becomes exponentially more difficult?  Right now I have
a tire gripping the chalk and a really weird contraption applying
pressure to keep the chalk down hard enough to make a good line.
    Your right though.  I have NO idea how I'm going to get from the
formula stage to working code.  It would be easier if the robot were
designed like a plotter, but this is an autonomous wheelbot with an arm
that drags chalk!
    Feel free to contribute to my obsession de jour (anyone....
anyone.....)

--
Dan Novy
Visual Effects Technical Supervisor