 Robotics / 1149
Re: Antenna Bumpers/Insects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 06:09:22 GMT

Hey, I vote that gait discussions are definitely *on* topic - a lot of
my thought about LEGO robotics in the past has related to mobility!

But on a different tangent - what would be needed to run a neural net on
an RCX? What kind of processing model is involved when you say "a
hundred node net"?

Last time I checked in on neural nets (now too long ago) I conculded
that they were basically fraudulent in that they modeled no time domain
phenomena and could not be used in a control situation (while bioneural
computation seems to be mostly *about* timing). Evidently that
situation's changed - what are these things we're discussing?

*Would* they fit (not in nqc, but in something else)?

stephen