 Robotics / 11454
Re: Light Sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:13:45 GMT

Hey Grant,

I found a few problems in your code. Change the #ifdef block to be
#ifdef __RCX

SetSensor(SENSOR_1, SENSOR_LIGHT);             // SENSOR_TYPE_LIGHT isnt a
valid type for SetSensor you need to USE SENSOR_LIGHT ( check the NQC
documentation  for types)

SetSensor(SENSOR_3, SENSOR_LIGHT);

SetSensorMode(SENSOR_1, SENSOR_MODE_RAW);    //   samething here
SENSOR_MODE_XXXXX is only valid as an argument to SetSensorMode

SetSensorMode(SENSOR_3, SENSOR_MODE_RAW);

SetSensorMode(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_ROTATION);

#endif

and your sensors should work properly. (I use NQC v3.1 and LegoFirmware Ver
0322)

~Mike

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grant Elliott" <Keysdezes@hotmail.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 07, 2000 8:05 AM
Subject: Light Sensors

I've just started using NQC, and I seem to have developed a bit of an • unusual
problem.  The little red LED's on my light sensors no longer turn on when
connected to the RCX.  They still work if I plug them into my Control Lab • (The
computer linked interface box that came out years before Mindstorms.), yet • I
can't get them to even turn on with the RCX.  Obviously, this has • prevented me
from... doing much of anything.  Help would be appreciated.

Here's the code I'm using.  There are two light sensors mounted on the • front,
and an angle sensor linked to the rack and pinion steering.  One motor
controls the drive wheels.  The other drives the steering.  Somehow, I • doubt
this explains why the sensors won't turn on, but it might...

#define L_EYE SENSOR_1
#define R_EYE SENSOR_3
#define DIR SENSOR_2
#define DRIVE OUT_A