 Robotics / 11442
AW: Lego Blimp Project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 09:25:25 GMT

Hi James and Dean,

for my webcam project i realised the following chain:

Java Applet <--tcp--> VB Programm using spirit.ocx <--ir--> RCX

Since the VB Programm doesn't accept multiple connections we get
a "first come - first serve" situation. The Applet tries to connect and
shows to the user if he has control or not. After leaving the Applet Page
another User has the chance to get connection.

Gruesse aus Berlin

Guido

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Dean Husby [SMTP:nntp@akasa.bc.ca]
Gesendet am: Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2000 22:34
An: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Betreff: Re: Lego Blimp Project

James Stanton wrote:

We were thinking of using a railroad track. Fortunately we can punch many
holes into the ceiling being that it is a gallery space. Our project
sounds similar to yours. THe basic idea is a dynamic web-presence for the
exhibition going on below the robot.

I'd love to hear how you are dealing with the interface on the Internet. If your
allowing users to control it. I've been having a hard time getting something to
work where multiple users would not make it just 'buzz' on the spot from getting
all sorts of commands...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html