 Robotics / 11281
Re: micro scout programming?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 20:19:47 GMT

In article <38EFF6FC.E7CC161B@home.com>, garymoyer@home.com wrote:

1) can it be programmed

Yes, to a limited extent.

2) what is the undocumented 'P' program?

The 'P' program just plays back a 'script' that you've programmed in.
Programming is done via VLL (visible light link), which is supported by
the Scout.  There are a bunch of commands you can send over VLL from the
Scout to the Micro-Scout.  The Micro-Scout then plays back this 'script'
as the P program.  The VLL commands for Micro-Scout are documented in
the Scout SDK (available from www.legomindstorms.com).

3) can it be used in conjunction with an RCX unit?

Not directly, although I believe it is possible to generate the VLL
pulses from an RCX running legOS
(http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/rcx/legos/?n=656) .  I haven't
investigated the possibility of doing this from NQC.

Dave Baum

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com