 Robotics / 1091
    RE: Antenna Bumpers/Insects —Vaan, Howard
   If they really do have such funky antennae they have to have the brain to go with them. I thought you could accomplish insect behaviour without doing the kind of representational mapping that your answer implies (i.e. size inference). I think this (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Antenna Bumpers/Insects —Andy Bower
   Howard, Since you are into mimicing the behaviour of an insect in some way, and I know that you are messing around with the Smalltalk Bot-Kit, you might like to consider the following for an idea. One of the interesting things about Bot-Kit is it (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

        RE: Antenna Bumpers/Insects —Carl G. Schaefer, Jr.
   Andy, Randall Beer did some great work on simulated cockroaches. Try the link below to download a program based on his research. I don't think this is the original program he developed, but it should be ideal for your purposes. It runs in DOS I (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)