 Robotics / 10879
Re: where can i get good web housing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:22:03 GMT

You have to remember what Heinlein reminded us of in _The Moon Is a Harsh
Mistress_:

"TANSTAAFL" - There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

If you're paying for a dial-up ISP, then you probably are getting fair Web
hosting space in the package. If you want free, then you will have to accept
the limitations. Geocities isn't likely to grab your content (read the Terms
of Service) ... but you do have to put up with the ads. Tripod isn't too
bad, and there are others, such as i-drive (which is painfully slow), or
DriveWay (which has the disadvantage of password-protecting everything).

If you want good performance (speed and dependability), and no ads, then
you'll have to shell out the fees.

--Jedi Wilcox
(Doug Wilcox)

Support your local Jedi ... order books, videos, and more from Amazon.com
via http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/books.htm

Check out the Wilcox family at http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/wilcox/

Find out what else Jedi Wilcox builds at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/

Jedi Wilcox owns and operates
WordSmith Digital Document Services
30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635
508-897-0847 phone
508-897-0849 fax
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class