 Robotics / 10862
Re: 9736 Exploration Mars set in at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:39:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tom Stangl writes:
S@H now has this for $54.00

Now the Mindstorms site ( http://www.legomindstorms.com/bookmarks/mars.asp
) didn't show it having the tractor treads, but the Lego site (
http://www.lego.com/catalog/amr/product.asp?number=9736 ) still shows a pic
with the treads.  I called CA and asked them, they said they didn't see the
treads listed on the parts list.  I had them fax me the parts sheet.  The
40 tooth gears and tractor tread links are NOT shown on the parts sheet.
So don't expect to get them with the set.  If anyone gets their set soon,
and they ARE in the set, please let us know.

  Since I already have the track-links, I'm not very disappointed, they don't
work all that well anyway...  I like the two worm-gear gearboxes for drive,
that is nifty and useful.  But, what is in it that makes it worth anything
at all?  The wheels are cool, but not that original, I have them in two
other Technic kits.
  I tried watching the videos, but my "Real Player" couldn't locate the
streaming server (no DNS entry) and the AVI hung with the "Receiving..."
message.  Oh well.

  So, is there any reason to have interest in this long-awaited, and apparently
"dud" release?

thanks,
DLC