 Robotics / 10838
Re: FIRST Lego League
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 01:30:55 GMT

The FIRST competition for 1999 held ten "official" state contests IIRC, with
hopes of increasing that number for next year.  However, local groups
without the sponsorship resources to meet the "official" contest
requirements were encouraged to hold local "exhibitions" which were just
like the official contests but without the requirements and blessings of
FIRST.  You can get in touch with
Jennifer Brooks
Teams Coordinator
FIRST
jbrooks@usfirst.org
1.800.871.8326  ex. 414
fax: 603.666.3907

for more official information.

Rick Kirkwood
----- Original Message -----
From: stefano franchi <s.franchi@auckland.ac.nz>
To: <lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 9:07 PM
Subject: FIRST Lego League

Does anyone knopw if the robotic competition aka FIRST Lego League is
strictly a US affair or if there are (or it is possible to set up) local
competitions in other countries?
The FIRST Lego league page on Lego's website mentions a couple of events
outside the Unites States, one in CHina and the other one in Singapore, • but they
seem to have been rather special events.I am trying to set up a robotic • after
school activities at my son's middle school here in Auckland (NZ) and the • Lego
League looks like a great opportunity and a good motivator--but we are • just a
bit too far from California to travel over there for the actual event...

Stefano Franchi
s.franchi@auckland.ac.nz