 Robotics / 10819
10818  |  10820
Subject:
FIRST Lego League
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 02:07:11 GMT

Does anyone knopw if the robotic competition aka FIRST Lego League is
strictly a US affair or if there are (or it is possible to set up) local
competitions in other countries?
The FIRST Lego league page on Lego's website mentions a couple of events
outside the Unites States, one in CHina and the other one in Singapore, but they
seem to have been rather special events.I am trying to set up a robotic after
school activities at my son's middle school here in Auckland (NZ) and the Lego
League looks like a great opportunity and a good motivator--but we are just a
bit too far from California to travel over there for the actual event...

Stefano Franchi
s.franchi@auckland.ac.nz