 Robotics / 10771
  Off topic: secure channel to the RCX

What follows in this message will probably appear quite strange to many of the readers on this list, and I apologize in andvance, and encourage you to delete/skip this message if it seems too whacky. It occured to me that one of my favorite toys, (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Off topic: secure channel to the RCX

(...) :-))) Two ideas: 1) software protection: use legOS or pbForth or QC instead of standard firmware. 2) hardware protection: build a barrier of solid bricks around the IR receiver of your RCX to insulate it from intereferences. To be applied (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Off topic: secure channel to the RCX

(...) Yeah, that's what I was originally thinking of. (...) And since the barrier would be made of bricks, one _could_ say that this that this construct should be lumped in with everything else that calls itself a fire_wall_... :-) The drawback to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Off topic: secure channel to the RCX

A better solution, Mario : Modify LegOS to be programmed not via IR, but directly by pressing the four buttons directly onto the RCX :-) Anyway, this lets open a discussion onto "how to" make changes to the RCX's IR protocol, and have a way to (...) (25 years ago, 22-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)