 Robotics / 10697
10696  |  10698
Subject:
Non-Lego Helpful Items
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 23:37:32 GMT

I have found several Non-Lego things very handy for working with Lego Parts:

1. A large pair of blunt forceps, called Thumb Forceps usually.  Great
for digging small parts out of the parts bins. Saving grace for fat fingers.
Also useful for positioning gears just right down inside a space. The flat
end at top is also useful for adjusting axle ends.

2. Something sold at sewing stores, it is used by quilters.  It is
a needle grabber.  Just a 1 inch circle of soft rubber sheet. It makes
for a great grip on the small bushings, or the stub end of an axle that
needs pulling out, etc. Found in the notions area of most sewing stores.

3. Smallest size cable ties.  At Radio Shack, barely 1/8 inch wide and
4 inches long. They can affix Lego beams together through any pair of
holes very, very strongly!  Easily cut off, cheap, disposable.  At least
as strong as an alternative like glue for reinforcing an awkward spot.