 Robotics / 10676
  Laptop IR

Hello, Does anyone know how to control the brick with the built in IR port of a Dell laptop instead of the tower? Thanks for your consideration. jim (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Laptop IR

Jim, I asked this question a few weeks ago, about an Apple PowerBook IR port.... This is the response I got from Dave Baum: ------- In theory it may be possible, but in practice it hasn't been done. The reason is that the PB uses IrDA (it also (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Laptop IR

Ben- I am using a Dell laptop than claims it can be used as a serial port. I think that it is a different IR port than the Mac. Thanks for the input though. Jim (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)