 Robotics / 10600
Re: Using Servos with the RCX - Yes!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 00:42:49 GMT

"Ralph Hempel" wrote:

Hi all,

I've finally got my RCX servo driver circuit working. It was

actually working months ago but I couldn't get the servo to

stop jittering. Then I swapped in a different servo, and it

worked like a champ!

<<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/servos/index.html>

*Very* cool.   And not to steal your invention, but it seems to me that
TLG could do very well for themselves if they would just sell a standard
Lego servo.   Something like the same form factor as the 9V geared down
technic motor, but with positional control over the axle.  It would
certainly extend the realm of what you could do with the RCX or Scout,
since you wouldn't need to blow rotation sensors to figure out where
things are.   Of course, we could all also get warm & fuzzy from using non
hacked up Lego parts. ;)

<nofill>
-Ken

---
Kenneth Dyke, kcd@jumpgate.com (personal), kcd@3dfx.com (work)
  Staff Engineer, Cross Platform Development, 3dfx Interactive
   C++: The power, elegance and simplicity of a hand grenade.

</nofill>