 Robotics / 10593
Re: Tri-star wheel part
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 20:16:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, aszy@worldnet.att.net (Al & Becky Szymanski) writes:
The actual part that you REALLY want has holes in the ends of the three
arms... and I have never found THOSE parts... however kit # 8246 ( $3.00 US
) is a small AirBoat kit and has one red three arm that I have used to
kludge around and make a working tri-star wheel. Bought all of the kits my
local dept store had  - even got the funny look from the cashier. :) Hope
this helps

That piece doesn't really work.  I've been fiddling around with Tri-Star
wheels for about a year now with no real luck in making a successful one.  I
did have a break-through about 3 months ago in a design, but it's real clunky
and the drive mechanism is messed up.  I've only found one Lego site on Tri-
Star and it really doesn't explain a lot.  I have pics I plan on posting as
soon as I can get around to it.

peace
----T